Be divorced in as little as 4 weeks!

No court visit required.

Start Online Free

Find out if you qualify to divorce online

  • Find your divorce courts contact information
  • Learn if you can use this website for your divorce
  • Begin the divorce process in New York online
  • Learn more about New York divorce laws
  • Divorce Court Guarantee

How it works?

Confirm you qualify to use New York Divorce Online then complete Two Easy Steps:
STEP 1: You answer questions online. The attorney drafts paperwork to initiate your divorce. You sign and notarize your documents online. The attorney files them with the court and obtains our Index Number. ($245 service fee*/$230 court fee)
STEP 2: The attorney drafts more documents. You and your spouse sign and notarize them online. The attorney files and finalizes your agreed divorce with the court. ($320 service fee*/$155 court fee).
File the papers with the court (online option)*Service fees are inclusive of both the attorney fee and remote online notary fee. Court fees are separate from service fees

Contact us

You have questions?
We have answers...
You can contact us by email at
or call us at

(866) 656-0111


New York Missing Spouse Divorce – Divorce by Publication

If you are unable to locate your spouse you may still obtain a divorce in New York. Believe it or not but many spouses loose contact with their divorce and obtain a divorce by publication. A missing spouse divorce, accurately known as divorce by publication, is a little more involved with additional requirements versus an uncontested divorce.

Before proceeding with a divorce by publication in New York, you should make a diligent effort to locate your spouse. Try contacting family members, former employers, friends, or even mailing a letter to a last known address for your spouse. These methods may aid you in locating your spouse. After locating your spouse you may be able to work with your spouse to complete an uncontested divorce.

In simple terms when you file for divorce the court requires that you notify your spouse that you have filed for divorce. This notice allows your spouse an opportunity to legally respond through the court. In an uncontested divorce your spouse can simply sign a document indicating that they are aware of the divorce and no response is needed since you and your spouse are in agreement on the terms of your divorce. In a contested case, your attorney will have the divorce papers officially served (delivered) to your spouse. However, when you are unable to locate your spouse, the court often allows you to give notice to your spouse by way of a public announcement printed in a local newspaper. Once the publication period has passed, and if your spouse hasn’t responded, you may then finalize your divorce as you would in an uncontested case.

If you truly do not know the whereabouts of your spouse and wish to proceed with a divorce by publication we can assist you. Please complete the form below and one our attorneys or paralegals will contact you to discuss your options:

Missing Spouse Contact Form

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
This website and your personal data are secured with 256-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.

Attorney Advertisement. No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.

Virtual Legal Services by: The Gillespie Law Firm, LLC, 600 Blakenham Court, Johns Creek, GA 30022